There are two things that can cause pink screens when loading Orcs Must Die! Unchained:
Mumble, an open source VoIP program, has an overlay that can cause texture errors in Unity. Since the OMDU dashboard was built in Unity, you can address this by disabling the overlay via the following steps in Mumble:
- Click the Configure button in Mumble.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Click on Overlay on the left hand side.
- Uncheck the box labeled 'Enable Overlay".
- Click "Apply" and then "Okay".
If disabling the overlay does not rectify the issue, try shutting down Mumble completely before loading the game.
If you have shut down all external programs with overlays and continue to experience pink screens, please try performing a clean installation of your graphics drivers:
- Find the newest drivers available for your specific video card and download them to your Desktop.
- Click on the Windows icon, select Windows System, and then select "Control Panel".
- When the Control Panel opens, double-click "Uninstall a program" under Programs.
- Select the display drivers from the list of programs.
- Click Change/Remove or Add/Remove button.
- Confirm with Windows that you wish to continue with the uninstall.
- Once all of the graphics drivers have been uninstalled, restart your computer.
- Once your computer restarts, run the executable downloaded in the first step.
If you continue to receive a pink screen after performing a clean installation of your drivers, please grab a set of log files and send them our way per the instructions in this article.