You can smash orcs on Windows 10! There are just a couple extra hurdles you may face.
First, check that you are not experiencing these other similar issues:
If those don't address the issue, these solutions are specifically for Windows 10!
1. Windows 7 and 8 Compatibility Mode - It should be noted that Win7 or Win8 compatibility mode in Windows 10 will cause errors with OMD2. Both Steam, and the game itself will need to run in Windows 10 mode to be successful. You can either manually set this by right-clicking the .exe file and deselecting compatibility mode, or by reinstalling both OMD2 and Steam.
2. Windows Upgrade - If you upgraded to Windows 10 without a full reinstall, it is likely that some of the software packages OMD2 runs on will be in a different location than expected.
This could be the Directx 9 (Dx9) or MSVC installations. Follow the instructions below to manually install these again (don't use the web installers):
These files will be installed as part of the game install. If you need to reinstall only Dx9 then you can go the directory that Steam installed the game to and install it directly from the installer directory.
The directory will look something like this - ##WhereEverSteamIsInstalled##\Steamapps\common\orcs must die! 2\Installer - For most installs this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\orcs must die! 2\installer.
Find dxsetup.exe and run it by double-clicking on the file. If this file ismissing you should reinstall the game. When asked, accept the agreement and let the installer complete. This should install the version of DirectX that is needed by the game.
To install the MSVC runtime look for the vcredist_x86.exe installer and run it by double-clicking on the file. If this files are missing you should reinstall the game.
3. There are known issues with Windows 10 and Nvidia drivers where Windows 10 forces a driver update. It is recommended that you update Windows 10 first, then run the Nvidia driver software. This doesn't always solve the issue with Nvidia drivers. You may need to contact Nvidia directly to make sure the correct drivers are being loaded for your system.
4. Make sure your system date and time are accurate. If your clock isn't showing correctly, this may prevent the game from launching.
5. If you are using Nvidia Optimus, you will need to disable it.