1. Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements outlined here.
2. Make sure you are running the most recent video and audio drivers available for your hardware.
3. If your game is getting stuck before it loads, you'll need this article here.
4. Try restarting your computer.
5. If you downloaded the game via Steam, make sure you are logged in to and launching the game via the Steam dashboard.
Decrease the Strain on Your System
1. Try disabling any non-essential background programs including Skype, Virtual Audio Cable, Streaming Programs, etc. to free up some more system resources!
2. If you are using a 32-bit operating system, Windows won't allow you to allocate enough memory to play the game. We have a solution for this here.
3. Try lowering your game's settings. Set graphics and audio emitter to low and lower your resolution settings. Additionally, be sure to run the game in full screen as this uses fewer resources.
4. Try removing any additional USB devices for your system including docking stations, and monitor based USB devices. This applies for bluetooth devices as well, including headsets. This can prevent side programs from causing driver conflicts.
5. If you are using an active tuneup, or protection program - for example, antivirus software, AVG PC Tuneup, or similar programs - these may interfere with the proper operation of the game. If you disable or remove these programs, it might help!
1. If the crashes only started after a recent update or system change, undoing changes may help resolve any conflicts the game is experiencing.
2. Sometimes reinstalling or repairing the game can help. Files can get corrupted and cause the Unreal engine to fail to load. We have an article on doing a repair here. It may also be worthwhile to remove all local content before attempting to reinstall.
3. In some cases reinstalling Visual C++ and Direct X may help. Detailed instructions for Windows 7/8 are here.
4. If the above steps do not stop the crashes, please try flushing your configuration files. Steps on how to do this can be found here.
1. There are no current bugs that causes crashes.Getting Us Your Log Files
If the issue persists after following the above steps, we'll need you to send us your system information and logs using the directions here.