You can customize elements of Hero Academy on Steam beyond the in-game settings menu by creating a user.cfg file. Instructions for creating and editing a user.cfg file are below.
- Navigate to ~yourInstallPath~\Steam\steamapps\common\Hero Academy and create a text file called user.cfg. Ensure that you aren't creating a file called user.cfg.txt, as this is a common mistake in this step.
- Edit user.cfg and add options from the list below to change your settings:
- DisableAutoLogin – adding this to user.cfg prevents automatic login at the start.
- TouchDragDeadZone=x – set x to a number to make the mouse drag dead zone larger or smaller. This will change how it feels to drag heroes and other items around. The default is 12 (pixels).
- PreloadPuppets – adding this to user.cfg improves the loading time for individual games at the expense of the initial game loading time.
- BackgroundFPSCap=x – limits the FPS when the game is running in the background (doesn’t have focus). Defaults to 30.
- MinimizeToTray – adding this to user.cfg will minimize the game to the tray without displaying it on the Windows task bar.