Runtime Errors are typically due to an error with Microsoft Visual C++ and this is usually resolved for most users by reinstalling the newest Visual C++ Redistributables, followed by a fresh re-installation of the game client. There is a great set of instructions on how to uninstall C++ located here if you need assistance.
For a quick link for C++ Downloads: https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/
If you have tried reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributables and gone through the steps in the Knowledge Base, but are still experiencing issues, please try these steps in the following order:
- Check for any Windows updates.
- Ensure your video card drivers and DirectX are both running the most current versions available.
- Uninstall Orcs Must Die! Unchained.
- Flush the remaining config files per the steps here: https://support.robotentertainment.com/hc/en-us/articles/209562026
- Restart your computer.
- Disable your antivirus and firewall.
- If you have a hardware firewall, make sure it is properly configured per the steps here: https://support.robotentertainment.com/hc/en-us/articles/203597585
- Disconnect any unnecessary USB items that may be plugged in to your computer.
- Reinstall Orcs Must Die! Unchained.
- If you're playing via Steam, verify your installation files.
- Make sure no background programs are running, including chat software.
- Load the game and try again.
Additionally, if you are running on Windows 10- Windows 10 can sometimes interfere with the start up. In order to correct this, run the .exe under Windows 8 compatibility mode, or locate the .exe of Orcs must Die! Unchained, right click on it, go to the compatibility tab, and check the "disable full-screen optimizations" box.
If these steps do not resolve your issue, please send an email to Support@RobotEntertainment.com or fill out a Support Ticket here:http://support.robotentertainment.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and we'll be happy to help!